Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahology I have a question for you - sammy10
Hi,
I see you helping people around here. Thanks for all the help you put in. I wanted to ask about a query related to the LORs. I am doing an observership at the moment and I expect to get an LOR by late August or early September. I got 4 LoRs already from my home country and I'll be submitting them now. How can i make my US Lor from the current observership reach the programs by earliest. I am not sure about the reservation of the LOR slot in the application. Can you please explain it to me. I see someone mentioned here that 'later on CAF we can reserve slots for LORs". Please tell me a little more about the procedure.
Anyone else can help if they can. Highly appreciated.
Regards
sammy10,

here it is: Creating a slot for a LOR. In ERAS, you will see create a slot or something like that. follow the directions there. It will ask you couple questions like the name of the writer...You should start crating slot now anyway.

THEN, Create a slot for the new LOR too. Is the OBs your doing now in a teaching hospital?

If yes, can this new LOR be submitted electronically by any chance? All teaching hospitals should be able to transmit it electronically btw. if that is the case, the programs will receive it the same day. Check with them in any case if they can send it electronically please.

If not a teaching hospital, well, I guess you have to send it in, wait ECFMG to scan it, send it to ERAS. Then as soon as it is downloaded to ERAS, the programs will receive it.

sammy10,

here it is: Creating a slot for a LOR. In ERAS, you will see create a slot or something like that. follow the directions there. It will ask you couple questions like the name of the writer...You should start crating slot now anyway.

THEN, Create a slot for the new LOR too. Is the OBs your doing now in a teaching hospital?

If yes, can this new LOR be submitted electronically by any chance? All teaching hospitals should be able to transmit it electronically btw. if that is the case, the programs will receive it the same day. Check with them in any case if they can send it electronically please.

If not a teaching hospital, well, I guess you have to send it in, wait ECFMG to scan it, send it to ERAS. Then as soon as it is downloaded to ERAS, the programs will receive it.

good luck.

sammy10,

good luck.

Thank you very much Pahology. God bless you and Good luck Smile
thank you dear, you too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »