Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good are my credentials? - gayatri
IMg from India, passed out in 2001. M.S. in Biomedical engineering from USA, 2 years of research experience(still going on), Step 1 score 89, results for CS awaited & plan to take Step 2 CK in OCT.
1. Will I be late for applications?
2. Should I start applying (Step 1 score, LOR, transcripts, SOP)
3. After my step 2 CK, how long will it take for Ecfmg certification?
4. If i pass my CS & get a score of around 89 or above, what are my chances of getting an IM residency?
5. I am planning the LOR from exDean of IM, My current research employer(very distinguished), from my employer in India, the doctor. I am doing my observerships with. Are these good?
6. I am doing observership for 1 month. Is it good enough?
Please reply. It will really help me in getting things done in the right way if I have these answers. I will really appreciate your time & information.
Thanks
You are in the right track and I guess you need visa. I think being an IMG, even if you apply, programs seldom evaluate your application without the CK score. Assuming you will get that in Nov, you can still get some calls in mediocre community programs if the interview spots are not taken by then. If your score in step 1 was 95+ however, there would have been a chance to get an interview without the CK score. GL
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »