Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
residency_match please advice - yousifkamon
2 of my orginal LOR will be send it to ecfmg on 8.29.2010 (after i recieve it from my country), dose this delay effect my chance for residency?? thank you for kind reply
As you know your application will be incomplete till you have 3 LORs. Your LOR will probable be uploaded by 3rd week of Sep. I dont think it should cause much damage. But make sure you send an email once it is uploaded to all the programs informing them about the update.
Also, assign the slot so that they get it as soon as it is uploaded.

if i say yes then what ? what other options do u have ??

its good to apply september 1st, but those who apply even 2,3 weeks late does get handsome amount of invites provided they have good credentials .so if you hav an overall good application package then being late by 2,3 weeks wont make u much difference.

a person with 230,250,CS,220,2009 grad,6 months USCE,3 research papers, if apply october 1st, may still manage to get 9-12 Invites, while another one with 210,220,CS,2005 grad who applied on september 1st may hardly get 3,4 invites.
so relax dude
GL
i already assign the slot for these 2 LOR . thank you for replay
thank you sheetal
u r welcome yousafkamon
actually time of apply matters when u hav low scores and hoping for invites from smaller community programs as they send out invites earlier in match season and saturate their IV quota by mid october, they too invite abt 50% of those double 99 whom they think are desperate to the extent to quickly grab a prematch at their crap program, the rest they call above average candidates.

but its said, its all luck, as they dont review all the 2k-3k applications they get each season..its TRUE and simply humanly not possible.

Now the question is which applications do they review and select candidates for interview from??

whether they pick applications for review randomly or review them in order they are piled up.......but in which order are applications sorted out and come in front of PD/PC one by one in order ??

whether applications are sorted out in order of AAMC ID,grad year,scores ? or alphabetical order or sorted out in chronological order they are submitted ( wow then i must say a delay of seconds wil make a difference and a few minutes delay will drag u down the que behind 500+ applicants Smile wont that be unfair as u will completely miss out the magic number till which applications will be reviewed, even if u a 999999 ?

But the problem is that no buddy knows for sure which of the few hundred applications do they review out of the 3-4 thousands submitted,
i guess its here that filters come into play and its ur luck how u make it thru all these filters and pop up loud on PDs computer screen that hey look am a good match for ur program so come on dude gimme a call Smile

But again question is how can a filter be set for amount and quality of USCE, for quality of LoRs, or for quality of personal statement and your truely inspiring story of professional growth,sheer hard work and a great purpose ??

what if u hav a low score on just a single step, or u beyond 5 yrs grad cut off (but hav continuous good quality clinical activity), and rest you have an excellent outstanding whole application package, a good statement of purpose and very good quality LoRs, but because of a just a single low score or grad yr u r filtered out and u cudnt make to the PDs eyes ??

isnt the whole process completely blind and unfair ?
is this the reason contacts play such big role ?

what u guys think ??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »