Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Step-3 for H1B????????????????/ - tca
When to take step-3 or when to have step-3 pass results for
1) Prematch with H1B
2) Matching with H1B
Thanks in advance
by february, before the programs submit their ranking list.
It seems like most programs that offer H1B want you to have the score in hand before match day, so you know which one to apply....(I am not sure which one they prefer more, I assume J1 since ECFMG sponsor it)..Lot of programs have a cap for H1, also I guess H1 costs more and lot of them don't wanna pay for it, so you might wanna mention it in your interview that u will do all the application process, fees, your lawyer and things like that, if you really wanna go for H1b...G.L.

I don't think there is any data on what percentage have H1B for prematch or the match....that's just a government process and nothing to do with NRMP.
Hospitals are non profit organizations and do not have a cap for h1.
It is not legal for the employee to pay the fees. The sponsoring dept has to write the checks. The fees are not outrageous. If the hospital offers H1's they will pay the fees.
that's right, by rank day around end of feb, not the match day...

mishad, some programs actually do have a cap and can only have certain number of people on H1... I am not if it's legal or not...What I said was based on what I have heard and read in different sites. so I guess it depends to you if you wanna mention it during your interview, I would...But lets get some interviews in programs that offer the H1 first, and then take it from there..
Smile yeah, let's get the interviews first,

you can always ask the program for their deadline for the scores.
I work at a univ hosp on h1b in research, that is why i know about the cap,,talked to international affairs officer and my lawyer..

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »