Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am Adventist,is it plus for consideration? - anemee
I am SDA and applied for Adventist hospitals.BUT I didn't send any document .Is it a plus that i mention i am Adventist and send them related document.I am old FMG grad.
u r so stupid tat u want a residency bcos of ur religion.

the only place where ur religion will work to get a residency in In His Image.
I dont think you should do that. If they prefer you for those reasons i think they will be able to gauge that during IVs, but in this day and age, OBVIOUS preference for racial/religious groups is looked upon badly. I would advise you not to try it, you might end up hurting your chances.
No, man. That´s lame! Do you want to send them a church membership letter or something like that?

If you could somehow mention in a non-obvious, non-confrontational way that you are interested in those hospitals because your beliefs are in tune with theirs, that would be awesome, but I just don´t see how you can do that without coming off with a negative tag...

If you do find the way, however, do it. They want people that will fit their program.
the most practical way to have done that would have been to say something like 'My Faith...' in your PS that was sent to those programs. I doubt if all the faculty n PD would be members of the same church. Ofcourse they would prefer LDS in Utah, whites in AZ, Hispanic is PR,NM, etc but i dont think they would want to make it obvious.
seriously In His Image has FM; but they look for REAL committed christians... not just becos u r adventist.

http://www.inhisimage.org/
OMG, that´s just awesome!! I guess In His Image pwned non-christians with this one!! ROFL!

How is something like that possible?! Hahaha, funny!
Adventists go to church on Saturdays instead of Sundays.. Jews go to the temple on Saturday as well... hhaha...
but i see 2 Nepalis and one Indian (I guess) who do not seem to have christian names.... so even they are trying to be PC.
IHI selects residents on the basis of their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. IHI does not discriminate with regard to sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability or veteran status. Residents are expected to abide by Biblical standards and to not use profanity, illegal drugs or other drugs in an illegal manner. Residents do not participate in gambling, stealing, cheating, sexual impurity and other immoral activities. Residents are expected to refrain from tobacco products and to not misuse or abuse alcohol.

Notice how it doesnt says that they do not discriminate based on religion.
Residents can´t gamble?!
How will they know about my sexual purity?!

This guys are nuts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »