Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking your kind opinion - cardiologyusa
Guys-- I am a old graduate(2003).Certified by ECFMG before application sent.Credentials step1 99/240, step 2ck 99/244 in 1 attempt but CS in 2nd attempt.Applied mainly to IM and few programs in neurology and ER. Currently i am doing residency in ER.
No USCE/all local LOR/need visa.
I hoped that i will get some IVs but so far rejection from 10 places without any IV.
feeling depressed and losing hope to get residency in USA.
As you are experienced and well aware about the scenarion-- Could you please comment about my chances. Or its really hopeless as i have lots of drawbacks like visa/no USCE/no LOR/cs 2nd attempt.

Please comment honestly and help me.
If you look around the forum you will a lot of people with lesser credentials than you who are going through the match with the need for a visa and without USCE...you will get interviews - just be prepared to explain your attempt in the CS.

Good Luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0keK61iPYo
Thanks vulpinus for your kind support and for your valuable time to spend.
I think you will get IVs for sure... if you had step 3, I'd say you should expect more than 10 IVs... I think your bigger problem is not the USCE, or visa... 2003 grad and lack of step 3 is causing you a problem... I think if you pass step 3 you should be fine...

I'm also 2003 grad but with low board scores... have GC and some US experience which I'm expecting to help my situation a little...

good luck!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »