Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I go for the doctor ? need your opion - julia_zhang1
Hi, Guys:

I am so confused now, I am a married woman, no kids yet, 35 years old, 10 ago graduated medical school from China, then I came U.S.A here with my husband, that time I thought it was too much for me to do the test, because the language problem, so I went to school for a computer science master degree, I have been a cuputer engineer for 4 years, the income is not too bad, and I want to have a baby anytime now, and my husband does like the idea, he does not like that kind of life. please help me out, should I go for the doctor or live the easy life?

Thanks a lot!
Hi, I love this forum, I really need to hear from you about this.
I have been waitting for your important opinion, I am totally lost. please help out!
Hi Julia, this is really a personal decision to make. Nobody can do that for you.

I am from China too, graduated several years after you did. I am a wife too, and a mom. I have to tell you, doing this is not easy. I had to send my 3-year-old back to stay with my in-laws for a whole year. I work full time. You have to compromise a lot of things in this situation.

If you love the life of being a doctor, and you are confident that you can handle multiple tasks at the same time, it is worth trying. Be prepared for hard work.

If you want to start a family, this is not a good choice.

But after all, you have to know what you really want. That's the most important thing to consider.

Best of luck.
hey!
its your life!! no one can, or even has the right to say what you should do!!
just think for a moment, if you were to die in say, 10 months, what'd you regret? not going for MD, or not having a baby?
only you know what you are passionate about. Whatever it is, go for it all the way.
Thanks for the reply, I would rather having a baby if I have to choose between the MD and baby.

To Danille: Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. I wish I had a 3 years baby now, I think I am too old to do anything, any big changes. can you tell me what is your career now? is it a very hard job? can I have your email ?

Thanks,

Julia
Hi Julia, I am a postdoc doing research in the States right now. It is time to think of an exit of research now so I picked USMLE. You can send me emails to: danille
I am a mom and also had worked after my master's degree in US. While I was working, I decided to study again for a doctor.

I think that none of job is easy if you really want to excel in that field. It just depends on how you feel.

You are only 35. Do what you like to do right now and do your best, and have a baby before you are too old. When you do what you like to do, you will have a better idea then.
Thanks for the reply.

I really appreciate it. I got a lot help from this, maybe life can start at 40 years old, people always have different ideas at different time, I think we should do sth. when we are capable of doing it, then you wonot regret for the rest of your life. but i know it is much harder for females to do this... family is more importan, trying to handle between them is very difficulty, but so many people have done it!
To Julia:

Everyone has different opions. of course most guys from the forum encourage you to do something. I have similar situation. email me : digitallibrary0101.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »