Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A story of persistence and perseverance.. - willdoitthistime
Hi everybody i have been waiting to write this post for years i believe from the day when i joined medical school and here i am writing it today and i am sure when i end up writing it and people read it it would help them get motivated and pursue their dream of coveted physicians in United States of Amaerica...

So the story begins:
Graduated in January, 2008 from one of the best medical schools in the country, than pursued my internship in home country and side by side started studying for Step 1. I was always an average student but with BIG AMBITIONS..In this whole process, i got engaged and was under constant pressure from my partner to take steps quickly so that we can settle down and that is where the mistake started..i took step 1 in 2008 and scored a 78 on it and i was shattered and was down and out..but i was not the one who would back out of pursuing his dreams or ambitions..i went on to take the Step 2 CS in August, 2008 and with all that stress and pressures from my personal life i flunked it big time and in the meantime i also had applied for that match year and now in october when i receive the results of my cs i was completely broken..i had a good family and my parents supported me throughout but my partner kept me under constant pressure even to the extent of calling me a failure..so this is where the part 1 of the story ends and obviously i didnt match that year..

So, now in march, 2009 i take step 2 ck with intense preparation of four months and passed it in first attempt with a score of 89/217. I thought that this is an opportunity and i think God has given me some ray of hope so i immediately registered for my second attempt of step 2 cs im march which i passed thank God in April..in the meantime i get married to this girl as i scummbed to constant pressure from her with still being dependent on my parents..So part 2 finishes here..

So now in part 3 in may i start an externship at a private clinic for 3 months and than 2 months i pursued another observership in a different hospital in a different state..during this period i appeared for step 3 and got an 88/213 on it on first attempt which gave me a lot of heart and drive to now pursue my goal..i applied for the match and got only 3 interviews and to much of my surprise i matched..But alas the picture doesnt finish here my friend..

I loose my grandfather in the process whom i was very close to and than the visa issues so i was not able to join the residency last year and my so called wife left me calling me a failure when i actually didnt even committ a mistake..

So part 4 is where the real motivation starts and i take my home post graduation exam and join residency their and started preparing for this years match..so i come to US in september and did my first iv on 27th of september and on 4th of october i was offered a prematch in one of the top notch university affiliated hospital in internal medicine..

This is my story of persistence and perseverance and i think it was my honesty which ultimately led me to what i have achieved today and i thank God and my parents for all the support and strength..so moral of the story never give up..
impressive..but where???
Thanks whitecurd i am sorry i wont disclose the name of the hospital..
he he he, you have good imagination. you ex-wife got back or not.
summary:

78/89/2nd attempt/88 with "visa issues" and prematches at "top notch university affiliated hospital in internal medicine" on October 4th of all dates

complete B.S.
I think this ID belongs to the ECFMG to get more money.
lol true...it is BS unless you dont need visa
dude wake up it is evening already....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »