Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biochemistry Q 1 - fcbarcelona
which of the following amino acids would most likely be found on the surface of a protein molecule?

A. Alanine.
B. Arginine.
C. Isolucine.
D. Leucine.
E. Phenylalanine.
F. Tryptophan.
aaa

glycine and alanine
no my friend ..

correct answer is B.
hydrophilic amino acid are most likely to appear on the surface of a protein. Arginine is positively charged at normal pH .. thus it's hydrophilic aa .. and is the correct answer
so is arginine the only one tht is hydrophilic..can u explain plz..or any place to clear this concept..not getting much info onlineSad
well. i guess any amino acid which has negative or positive charge at physiologic pH will do so. meaning; lysine, arginine, histidine, asparate and glutamate. when i solved the question i just searched for the one's charged ..

sorry, the explanation didn't provide more information than i previously posted .. but i will look that up for u n let u know ..
any hydrophilic AA wud b a correct answer for that q... from the list above, only arginine is the hydrophilic AA, all the others are hydrophobic ones..
ok thanks..

@er12 ...any other hydrophilic not in this list?
Arginin is the onle one of those that is hydrophilic..

other hyhdrophilics are wat fcbarca said, inaddition to cysteine, threonine, serine.. u can find them in kaplan AA chapter..
thnk u so much er12
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »