Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Americlerkship - rossey
@rossey

yes, americlerkships is legit. what you see is what you get.

Cheers!
Adrian

ps. also, I'm totally crushing on Molly Fraser (starry-eyed here) but that's another story........ LOL!

I did it two years ago and it was complete garbage. I did it in Westchester, got zero inpatient exposure, charged thousands and the doctor told.me himself they gave him 200 bucks and called him two days before my arrival. If you need more info email me at this username at Gmail. This is NOT a real externshipbpeople! I am currently in residency and it does NOT count unless you have INPATIENT experience. They are also in bed with kaplan and their complete prep program where the saudi government PAYS for residency spots foe their under qualified physicians. I personally know one such student who was able.to pay his way into radiology through this program at tufts. How they get around the legal aspects I have no idea but I do know that americlerkships is a scam, is in bed with this program and I would be very wary. ONLY speak to students who actually did the program. Do not believe this molly or public relations advertisers who come on here who im sure are getting paid a.commission to get students. I can give you my name if you email.me as well as many other students from kaplan newark who were ripped off! Stay away!!
@masterusmle

1. did you relocate?
2. how long was your experience and in which field?
I have only one month Hands on training at Chicago, teaching hospital. I paid more than 2500$ ,I can't remember exactly.
Of course it 's expensive, but without this option, it's hard to get in within very limited time, no contact for IMG.

I found it helpful, as you can write in your Experience and I got LOR plus Evaluation form. That is better than getting LOR alone. Make sure you get this after completion of your training.
Good luck.
hey forever7,
do u have an email ad i cud mail u at please?

Cheers!
Adrian
My email... foreveraung2007
thank you forever! I have sent you an email!

Cheers!
Adrian
masterusmle:

I am sorry that you had a bad experience during your training. I am not familiar with the attending you rotated with because I dont generally place doctors in that area but we have specific programs for hospital exposure hands on experiences. If you do your rotations in an out of network area where there are no hospital affiliations, the fact that there would be no hospital exposure would be disclosed before enrollment.

We have realized the need to be able to provide some type of training for those that are unable to relocate (if necessary) as gaining hands on exposure with the proper insurance coverage even lacking hospital exposure is better than going into the application and interview process with none. This is not something that would be ideal but again, it is a better option then no training at all. In these cases we ALWAYS tell our doctors that they will not be able to have access to the hospital.

Now, we do work with Kaplan Medical (the largest and most reputable USMLE prep course) in a joint effort to help our doctors build their qualifications and enable them to be stronger residency candidates. This colaberation is something that we are very proud of as USMLE's and Hands on exposure in the US are 2 major components in a strong applicant. Our obvious efforts in this relationship would be in this direction (building stronger candidates) not in paid residency positions. Terminology like "being in bed with" is a little shocking to me as well as the personal attack on my intentions, but I don't take this personally. I know I have countless who support me and are grateful for what I have been able to do for them. Those that have actually worked with me are the opinions that really matter as they are clearly objectively based on actual experiences.

I hope that this helps the forum readers understand things at a more 360 degree angle. You can email me if you have further questions without ANY obligation. I always have been happy help those who need me regardless of their enrollment with our organization, the ultimate goal here is to assist those looking to move forward in US health care

Molly.Fraser@americlerkships.org
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »