Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ranking email from UTSW Austin - feelinglucky
where did you hear that they rank non visa people? i think it is all bullshit and someone just wants to scare you. I read somewhere that visa is not criteria for ranking and if program invites you for iv they are interested in you and does not matter on visa status.
@nirvana when was your interview
@matchgod when was your interview?
I understand but residents from the program gave information to one of my friends that they rank GC holders and citizen first.
If you dont mind could you plz share what did they mention in your email?
I didn't get any reply from them. :-(

BTW, I have GC. I don't think GC matters a whole lot.
@bigsam
did we meet on iv day? from your previous messages in the forum i think we had an iv on the same day.
Really. There were 5 IMGs on my interview day.
when was your iv?nov 29? dec1?
Neither of them.
People: VISA is a NON-ISSUE if a program invited you to an interview in the first place.

People get scared for no reason on the forum about visa. Programs will NOT, will NOT rank a GC with lower creds higher than a visa-needing IMG with high creds. Programs want the BEST person who will fit into their program, not someone with GC/citizenship.

This false myth has been perpetuated in this forum endlessly creating fear and misconception that programs rank GC/citizen higher. It is all total BS. Programs will not waste their time calling you for interview in the first place if they did not want to sponsor or take people needing visa.

Think with your own brains people before simply believing all these kind of garbage rumors.

Visa is NOT NOT NOT the factor that programs use to rank. Programs that do not sponsor will not even call you for an interview and will say that on the website.

Even in programs that do not sponsor visas they will not rank a GC/citizen just because that person has GC/citizen. They will rank the BEST person, plain and simple.

This is the reason why you keep seeing those stupid petition posts in the forum to stop H1/J1 from pathetic IMGs who have terrible creds and thought that marrying a citizen and getting GC will get them residency. Guess what, they find out the hard way that GC does NOT matter. It is only a bonus but it is NOT the factor that determines your residency fate.

So chill people!
people here are just giving wrong information..plz dont do that

@ yelp ....i undersatnd that you didnot iv at UTSW austin but still you want to give a wrong information.
@matchgod....you are GC holder and you dont require any visa.( i saw your message in the other thread)

@unimd
i really appreciate and understand what you are trying to explain....Thanks
I didn't get it. Anyone?
I'd love to hear your opinions on Austin IM program including fellowship opportunity..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »