Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
core clinical rotations - raghini18
Hi,
I am a caribbean student who took step 1 the third time and passed with 194 which is 79. I am wondering if I have any chances of doing all my core rotations at a good community based hospital in Northeast area. I do not want to go thru my school because they dont offer good clinical sites. any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
ooohhh.. you need to do some solid googling and research on your own for this one Rags...

look for univ in this area.... EMAIL THEM directly..

thats really the best way to go abt this... if they got criteria for rotating students check em out ... see if u fit them and if its just vague info on their site, just email them

good luck!

Cheers!
Adrian
Thank you Adrian
no worries..

and remember, take your rotations very seriously, esp if you have some fields of interest in which you'd like to do your pg in... and do so well you can get very solid LORs from those faculty members......

im telling you coz i wish someone had told me that when i was where you were.... i did take my rotations seriously but never bothered abt LORs and now i cant trace my proffs!

u will realize nice LORs at this stage will really help you down the road ok...

Cheers!
Adrian
the same here...I assume you guys are from carib schools like me,...nobody guided us about the rotations and when I did my rotations I did not even to bother to ask LORs until I needed them..can you imagine what a mistake was! I did ok eventually but I think a better plan for the rotations , such as where you do them, a sking the LOrs promptly doing rotations in various places to be exposed to the contacts would have been great where I did all my rotations in 2 hospitals in the smae state!

good luck guys..
hi
I have another dilemma. My school is not Ny approved. So, I was wondering If I set up my own rotations and not go thru the medical school affiliated hospitals will my rotations be acceptable for residency.
Thanks for all the advice.
I believe so but check with your school again..

good luck.
nope i did not go to a carib school

i just wasnt told LORs would come in handy...... yes im surrounded by informationally-chllenged individuals and mentors........
Raghini,

If your school isn't NY approved, then you can only do 12 weeks in NY.

If you do more than that or do a residency in NY, then you will have problems getting a perminent license in NY

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »