Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Observership/research in dallas tx - jia25
Hi can anyone help me with any opportunity of observership in dallas or nearby areas...in any field..medicine peads or psych..any help is highly appreciated.thanks
Hey i m looking for one too...pls let me know if you find one..thxs
hi there,
i matched in psych this yr (dont know where yet, did not get any ivs from texas). i am an old fmg living in dallas.
i did my observership in out patient clinics in psych - one pvt practice, one community mental health center)
although people tell you that pvt practice exp is not enough...in my case it was!

if you approach community clinics or pvt practitioners - they will usually oblige and let you observe.

here is my advice :

1) pick one branch/specialty that you want to do your residency in and build your exp in that field. (if you apply to too many specilaties - it will not show your genuine interest)
2) even if it is pvt practice exp -it's ok (start it asap till you find something better), ideally in-patient, university based experience would be better (but i wrote to so many ppl in utsw and did not get any observership)so I just did out pt clinic observership.
3) write a solid statement of purpose and prepare well for your interviews.

hope that helps!
Thanks alot mlemom for the detailed reply...thats exactly wt i intend to do right after my ck , knock on physicians doorsSmile hopefully someone will response...will u b kind n mail me the pvt clinics name where you worked......jia_usmle2010. ThanksSmilewish u the best ahead
hi i m in dallas if ur looking for observership i have plenty of places to recommend please google community clinics dallas and u will get the list of all such clinics , go there they all are in need of volunteers , if u live in plano do let me know i m still working in one of them .
my email is shabbysalman , i can also tell u few research places to work to just shoot me an email . may God help us all
Hi mlemom...please also mail me the pvt clinics and community hospital names where you did your observership. I am also in Dallas.
My email address:
akleema2011
Check out the major hospitals around dallas. go on their website and get the contact details for the research department. write to them and tell them that you are willing to work as a volunteer and go and meet them in person with your resume.

Each department has it's own research department, like medicine, cardiology, cardiopulmonary, orthopedics, medicine, rheumatology etc. So you should look at each individual department.

If you have previous research experience, then you should also mention that.
Hope this helps.

@ Yohimbine

Plz suggest us some places where we can find observership/research position.
Check your mail
Thanks
Here is the website I was talking about
www.dallas-cms.org.
if you see on left hand side u will find COMMUNITY HEALTH put the cursor on it , then u will see volunteer, click that and the whole list of clinics will be in front of u, click each clinic you will see the address , phone no. and medical director of that clinic . choose any one which is closer to your home , some of the clinics r running in evening times also.

good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »