Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depressed, lost hope.. pls advise - pdomct
hi all.. congrats to all those who matched.. my msg to those who didnt, i understd what u guys r going thru..

i request ur help n opinion as to how i shud proceed from today.. need a sincere advice..

my credentials.. 91/99/pass 2nd attempt, yog2001, need visa sponsorship, 20weeks in-hospital externship, 4 US LORS, no single iv, no more hope.. infact had lost hope 5 yrs ago too.. gave step 1 in 2004, then since i didnt clear cs in 2005, left hope in this stream n started working in hometown at india.. now since its almost 6yrs after my first exam bcoz of the 7 yr validity stuff, thought i wud give step 2ck n cs a try n cleared both last yr..

im not sure whether to give step 3 b4 the 7yr validity gets over, whether that will help me in any way with the next match; im already 34 now, single, and standing in the middle of nowhere.. due to medical reasons too, i cudnt give the exams earlier thou i didnt have much hope after an attempt in cs.. thought GC or citizenship mite help me someway to nullify my attempt n to give me some strength to push thru exams.. but many proposals from usa rejected me bcoz they wanted a guarantee that i wud surely get into residency which i cudnt give them, in fact i reconsidered to take the pending exams to fight back in silence against those who rejected me in life.. but now i feel, they were absolutely right.. i myself have no idea what im upto.. shud i lose usa dream n start thinking about indian exams.. but shud i give one more last try with step 3..

pls advise.. wud truly appreciate this kindness..

thank you
it is really sad to have problems both in personal and professional front at the same time. I know that it takes a huge toll.
My suggestion is do not mix the two.

Ask yourself if you really want to do a post graduation and where you want to do. If yes, it will be equally tough to get in India.
If the decision is in favour of US, give your step 3 at the earliest and my suggestion would be to get USCE in psych and try for that. You can also apply FM and ped.As far as possible, try to get USCE in teaching hospitals.

Do not think much about visa sponsorship from spouse. It is better to have a nice and understanding significant other. You are lucky that you did not get hooked up to people who want assurance of a residency position.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »