Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 3 failed TWICE! PLEASE GIVE ADVICE.... - bronx

I failed step 3 two times with 73 and 72 percentile.
Iam not in residency and my seven years period in over.
Now what I do, either take the exam third time or just give
up my medical career, because I know if I fail third time I
won't be able to get licence in any state. I am very confuse
and frustated, please some one give me good advice what
to do. Thanks.
I am really sorry, but don't lose your hope. After any darkness you will see the light.
Also try to use UW MCQ and CCS, I am not sure what you have read the first two times?

I read all the stuff, which others did UW mcqs,Q bank etc, practice CCS many many times
I know it is very hard to think about studying for it again. but don't give up on your dream.
Did you finish your residency? why can't you get the license after 3 times, I have not heard of that?
Good luck and best wishes.
You are confused and misinformed about the medical license. Theare are about 7/8 states who accept application even with 7 years expired and more than 3 attempts! Not only that
certain states which have the 7 years and 3 attempts rule sometimes will accept depending of their need and your requesting letter and resume.check the site many states strech to 5 attempts now! get more information.hope will help
Dear, I have passed 10 years and i know lot of plase which can give you licence California is one of them. Let me know you study material, DID you do DVD live lectures, How abouth ethics Q's. If you are old Grad and no US experience then you must do Live lectures and Ethihcs, or do some externship for three or 4 months
e mail me
usmlelast

Thanks everyone for your advice, I will try again. I have three LOR from US hospitals, and presently also I am working in hospital which I have decided to quit, and once again put all my efforts to prepare for step 3, I want to pass it no matter what.
I am sorry but dont lose the hope. Following is a free website. You will find more than 1400 free MCQ,s on that web site with good explanation. The kee is the explanations. Try it!!
My Faculty recommend that web site. You need to register yourself but it is free!!
www.familypractice.com.

Good luck
Hello guys, i am new in this section of the forum.
I intend to start studying for step 3 somewhere during december.
1 how long should i study for this exam?
what books do you recommend?
USMLEWORLD is good for step 3(alone)
what particular advice would you give to a newcomer in preparation for this step?
thank you guys in advance!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »