Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step3 scheduling! - nitzzz
if i decide to apply for step3 now when does my eligibility period begin and will getting dates at the prometric centre be difficult if im planning on step3 in june?
plzz guys i need ur inputs!!
plzz reply guys!!! Sad
will the availability of dates be a big problem at the prometric centre?
Hi,
The total time from application to processing is 90days +15=105 days eligibility period. When I looked for dates many dates were available in CA in June, I dont know which State u are appearing.
i am thinking of texas ( houston) actually...
HI
your eligibilty period starts AFTER they receive and process your identification

*here is what u get after paying the fees

FSMB has started the processing of your Step 3 application submitted online. Please remember that we cannot complete processing of your Step 3 application until we receive the following:

Step 3 Certification of Identity (CID) page with your photo ( Note: Beginning with the 2005 application, the Step 3 CID page is valid for 5 years. If a valid Step 3 CID page is already on file with FSMB, it is not necessary to resubmit a new form when reapplying for Step 3.)

*After you send the CID, they send you this

We are pleased to inform you that your USMLE Step 3 application has been approved. You should receive an e-mail notification within the next 3-5 business days with instructions for printing your scheduling permit

*Finally after they process it, they send you this:

Your USMLE Step 3 Scheduling Permit is now available on the USMLE Step 3 Candidate Website. Please note that an additional 15 days have been added to your 90-day eligibility period to account for processing time.

Hope this helps
thanks for such a patient reply!! very sweet of you to have spared the time..
i am hoping for dates in june at Houston.. and i hardly have 2 mnths to prepare.. hvnt even begun Sad
does it mean:
if i apply step 3 now, i will get approved in Aug, then i have to take it by Nov, 2011???
I can not apply now, take the test in next year??
thanks,
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »