Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help In Making Decision! - drmskjp
Hi Everyone,
I will be joining Family Medicine Residency for this year.
I just started reading for step 3 like a week back! I am not sure if I will be ready by June 2nd week or so.
My plan was to finish the exam so that I could enjoy my residency.
Is it possible that I can finish it by june? My CK was last year September!

Will the family medicine residency help me preparing more well for step 3? Will I have enough time to read for it?

Please help!
being a family resident will certainly help you a lot more than being in neurology or medicine. The reason being that in family medicine you dont lose touch with Ob/gyn, pediatrics etc and that will actually help you in getting better scores. You may want to wait and give your exam in the first or second year. However if you want to get it done with, then go ahead and finish it off. 'FATALITY'

hope this helps
droidor
http://mleresidencytips.blogspot.com/
being a family resident will certainly help you a lot more than being in neurology or medicine. The reason being that in family medicine you dont lose touch with Ob/gyn, pediatrics etc and that will actually help you in getting better scores. You may want to wait and give your exam in the first or second year. However if you want to get it done with, then go ahead and finish it off. 'FATALITY'

hope this helps
droidor
Thanks dr2

I will try to read hard and see if i can finish it... Otherwise take the step 3 load to residency..:-(
WEll,the rsidency will pay for it ...
A
READ USMLE Mater the Board Step 3 by Dr Conrad Fischer. Helped me atleast.

One more tip, learn your subject to help your patient, teach a medical student as Dr Fischer says, not only to pass the Step 3, which you would anyway after clearing Step 1 & 2.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »