Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Your Advice Friends - bat11
Dear Friends,

I have a question:

I'm an IMG ( graduated in 2006 ). My scores are 99/99/ CS 1st attempt.
Unfortunately,my only postgraduate experience was 1 year of general residency in my home country before I come to the US.
I'm a green card holder now.

What are my chances of getting matched in 2012? I heard alot about the importance of having a research experience,clinical observership..etc on the resume to guarantee a match. What if I don't??

Your help is really appreciated.
If u r not working, then it doesn't have to be yes Wink
hello bat11
nothing is a guarantee for a match, you can only increase the chances of matching somewhere by tweaking your resume. you are a relatively recent grad (2006) with good scores in step 1 and 2. you have a green card which eliminates the visa restrictions that many FMGs are subject to. you have a better chance of matching than most. You should count your 1 year of post grad as clinical experience not as US CE. try and work towards getting some USCE. i do not think adding research will add to your resume much. as it is, you have a good chance.
http://mleresidencytips.blogspot.com/
Thank you for the input dear friends. I dedicated most of my time for the study so I haven't had the chance to be familiar with residnecy requirements. I know these kind of questions may sound silly for some but they are a great help for me.

@dr2: Thank you for your advice. Unluckily, I don't think I'll be able to get any USCE since I'm very busy with something right now. My idea was that if you score very well in the exam then you're pretty much guaranteed to match regardless of how much experiece you have. Isn't this true?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »