Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't apply to Rochester - ws
They just emailed me that they don't accept FMGs to residency, except under rare
circumstances.

Don't waste your money.
My wife got an interview from them for OBGYN.....oh well best of luck to you and and my wife :-)
You mean Rochester General Hospital - NY? I received an invitation from them
Maybe he means university of rochester.....I did hear they were quite snubby.....I guess the e-mail he received proves that point!
All the major university programs are snubby. The PDs set the rules. Do you guys know Stanford IM program takes majority of their residents from medical schools like UCSF, Columbia, Yale, Stanford, Harvard and Johns Hopkins. They don't care how high your USMLE scores are. Even if you go to a not strong US med school, your chacne is not good.
I got psych interview from U of Rochester, so it is doable. GL to all...
It is from U of Rochester, Internal Medicine
Thats what I was thinking....Psych. programs in University are usually rather cool about IMGs.But when it comes to I.M. they have quite an attitude problem!
And what about Rochester General Hospital, is it a good program?
I really dont think so! IM is now way more competitive compared to Psy. that is the reason, on the flip side, psy program needs an IMG who is good in English, communication, culture, blablabla...so I think if psy was a high paid job and was competitive the chance for IMGs would have been far less...again gl to all.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »