Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to xtopher - david2011
first thank you for being here to help us, your opinions are most important in this forum.

I asked but still haven't got answer, 1) how do you compare, from viewpoint of a PD, step1/2/3: 92/76/90, with 84/84/84, i have the previous one, worry to be filtered b/c the 76, though the average is higher than 84. 2) does step 3 really help match, or it depends on specialty?

Thanks in advance!
Hard to answer as everyone is different. The 76 is 8th percentile and barely pass. Maybe you had a bad day. Programs that set their filters for 90 are selecting for the top 50%.
Your step 3 tells me that you are not a risk to fail the ABIM exam for board certification. I would advise you to have the person that you did your USCE with to contact PDs on your behalf as some programs will filter for step 1 and step 2.

thank you for your valuable advice, dear xtopher. Do you think, if not you (since you are a PD), many PDs will feel uncomfortable to be bothered by my USCE supervisor during busy application season?

Your opinion is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
No all email communication regarding candidates are kept and reviewed to make sure that we don't miss deserving candidates that may for one reason or another be "under the radar."

Last year I got 2 candidates who rounded with me interviews at a particular hospital by contacting a PD whom I knew well.
xtopher, thank you very much!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »