Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To mleresidencytips!! - dpj
Hello,

YOG 2006
step1 80 (1st attempt)
step 2 CS pass (1st attempt)
Step 2 ck 87 (3rd attempt)
Psych observership 1 year with 2 excellent LOR (1 US doctor and 1 US but indian origin doctor)
Psych Observership at University hosp- Current with excellent lor from US doctor
3 years of Counselor work experience in Psych hospital
Research assistant at Uni Psych hospital- will get an LOR.
Some onservership in IM, Peds..
Going to apply widely,, US CITIZEN..NO VISA NEEDED>

What are my chances to get matched in Psych?? Please.
YOG 2006
[not too bad]

step1 80 (1st attempt)
[not good]

step 2 CS pass (1st attempt)
[good]

Step 2 ck 87 (3rd attempt)
[not good at all]

Psych observership 1 year with 2 excellent LOR (1 US doctor and 1 US but indian origin doctor)
[excellent]

Psych Observership at University hosp- Current with excellent lor from US doctor
[excellent]

3 years of Counselor work experience in Psych hospital
[excellent]

Research assistant at Uni Psych hospital- will get an LOR.
[excellent]

Some onservership in IM, Peds..
[good]

Going to apply widely,, US CITIZEN..NO VISA NEEDED>
[wonderful]

What are my chances to get matched in Psych?? Please.
[scores, scores and scores.....my god doctor your have terrible scores. I bet you have heard this a lot of time, sadly there is not much you can do as you are not stuck with less than mediocre scores and your life. However, I can see that you are working very hard for psych and this is something which will go very much in your favor. faculty and programs look at commitment to the subject and see how inspired and driven the applicant is. in your case, you clearly are. In your specific case, you will have issues getting interviews likely because of inherent filters in place that screen applicants with low scores or attempts. Can you work your magic through the contacts over the years and negate this? if so, once you have gotten and interview, make sure you come up with a rock solid, CONVINCING reason as to why you had fared so poorly in exams - in your case you did poorly in most, so it better be honest and real (you have dyslexia and learning issues, or dont do well with standardized tests etc..). I cant give you a number but chances of matching are decent but chances of interview are poor.]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »