Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it high time to say ppls not to pursue usmle? - helpmepls
Friends,

should we inform our juniors that USMLE is not a viable option in the coming years? Because the number of american graduates are increasing and the trend will continue and also the Caribbean grads too. Now I think the IMGs with visa requirement should think twice before thinking about usmle and usa residency, especially who are graduates of 4yrs or older.

What you say?I mean even after so much sacrifice, this pathway is not worthy at all. So much risk in investing your energy, money and everything.You need to put your golden career on the edge.

even if you suceed to have a residency slot, you are not certain whether you can have a desired fellowship. The surgery and all other high end subjects are almost closed now for IMGs. So why it is worthy to pursue a medicine career in usa? I mean you, me or everyone could be a star in our nation. Now sacrificing everything, we come here and if we fall in this situation, then it's better not to come to usa.

From the perspective of lifestyle, at least I can say, I am not in usa to have a good life. I need to learn and thats why I am in this country. If I can't learn or don't have that opportunity to learn, then whats the use of wasting my precious time here? They are rejecting our application so easily, can you believe it? Are those programs who are rejecting us, really worthy to do that? I don't know. If I would have known that this will be the trend today, then definitely I would not have chosen this track, which will give me nothing but a life full of frustration, anxiety and ultimately even you get a residency slot, that will be a bullshit track. I mean you can think in India about a position in AIIMS and a position in some unknown rural program. Right?

I need your input here. If we can reach a consensus that this residency is not at all worthy, then we will try to stop the flow of our precious graduates from coming here.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »