Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answer of why elective/residency bacame impossible - lord_man
I received that answer from all universities & they shared the same idea. Some of them were direct, others meant it indirectly.

Why elective/Residency become more difficult each year ? Simply, because India & Pakistan don't have Universities! when all students from hundreds of what called universities there just want to have electives & Residencies in USA....Why ACGME did not increase the residency spots with the increase of AMG graduates ? because they want to get rid of you..They have all the right to do that..because when a country open the door you start to immigrate to that country like it is the only country in the world!!.
Why Universities constructed elective course ? it is to explore other culture for one month or 2. But you guys come to USA & start to impede the resources & spoil the system.

Say Good bye in the few next years like you said it before to UK. The cause was the same & UK limited the spots to European citizens & they have the right to do that.
You don't have universities to specialize in ? you don't have money & want money ? But you have money & spend thousands of $$$ for electives & match.
So understand why elective was created & learn from your experience in UK before.
I think you need to find something to do and yes by the way some img are much better qualified then amg so do your research and than talk what about us citizen who don't want 200 k debt and want to study somewhere else what is the problem in that. You need a hobbie.
Really ? do you want to say that you are US citizen who studied in India/Paki to avoid the debt ? This is the system...everybody has debts but he/she will repay it. It is your fault that you did not score well in MCAT or poor GPA.
Why you want to get salary from them in Residency but you were not ready to have debts like normal americans ? I said it above, you spoil the system.

Enjoy it now & say good bye for USA after few years like you said it before to UK & try to fix your Residency programs in your country.
lol , i really think you are true
godd luck lord_man....anyways usa is going nowhere ....why to look for a residency in a country that dont have a direction nor resources ...time is not far when AMG begging for jobs in india n pakistan ...just like now they r willing to do anything to get a job in middle east countries so that they can have a life ....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »