Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mocoohaywang please advise - drlele
Hi mocoohaywang,
I need your advice. I am in simiar situation as you (but as fruitful as you are), 42 yo Chinese, graduated 21 yr ago, being in the US for many years doing research. I have no USCE and applied mainly IM. I only got one interview invitation. My LORs are very strong although I do not know the contents for most of them. Step1: 246/99, Step2CK 254/99. Step 2CS failed and retake scheduled for next month. The rejections are due to lack of USCE and 21 years since graduation. I wonder how do you manage to get so many interview invitations. If you can offer suggestions to improve my chances, it will help me greatly. If you want respond to my email lelechao18, that will be good too. Thanks.
mocoohaywang,
Another reason that I only got only 1 interview invitation is that I applied late October, but the seven rejections came very quick. Most the programs (21) have not responded to me yet. I am not certain whether they have any interest in my application or not although remain hopeful. Any comments will be appreciated.
glad to know so many Chinese here, I have the same experience 92/97, 9 yrs post grad, no interview invitaiton yet, I applied 26 program before Oct, another 40 program after Nov.
I am now In Singapore, i decided to go back to China if can not be matched this year. I never expected match could be so difficult
my E-Mail Larkasa
believelv,
I did not expect that it would be so difficult. A little difficulty like this is not a reason to give up or to be severely discouraged. Even if you do not get matched this year, you know what to do for next time-overcome your deficiency which likely is a lack of USCE. The important thing is to adjustify your game plan. Come on, 31 yo is very young and I wish I did this 11 years ago. If you want to email me feel free to do so, I would be willing to help you as much as I can. Just remember to give up without a good fight (not really fighting, more like a big effort) will not lead you to success by any measure. GL and raise your head high.
Hi Dr Le Le

Thanks for your encouragement, I have send you the E-mail.
wish we could contact each other. I give up US , that not means I give up myself. I do think in China we may have a better future , although I know US always be my dream. You have better Chance at least you are in US , and you got one interview already, but for me, my chance still zero so far, do not know where are to go.
Keep in touch
Hi mocoohaywang,
I wrote to your email address (mocoohaywang) also in case you are too busy with your interviews (vow! 21 of them) and have no time to read the forum messages. GL
very inpressive on step 1, 2 ck, how did u fail on cs?
gl
IwillspeakwithyouafterNov.23.
sorrySpaceBarNotWorking
Hi mocoohaywang,
Thanks for responding. Advise us whenever your time allows you. Best wishes for your interviews.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »