Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECFMG the bottomless money pit - tpoed
If your Medical diploma is not in english, ecfmg requires you to send a certified translation. I did. It cost me $420 for the translation plus 2 copies.
Now I just got this email form ecfmg (see clip and paste below), they are charging me an additional $160 to make their own translation.
Why do they make me have the expense of paying for certified translation- if they are going to translate it themselves anyway and then charge me for it?
$420 is a lot of money. I could use that right now. Does this make any sense?
They know we can't refuse and is forced to pay whatever they demand, but I feel like I'm beign robbed, again and again, and there's nothing I can do about it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Doctor:

ECFMG® medical education credential policy requires that ECFMG send a copy of the final medical diploma to the medical school for verification by the appropriate officials. When ECFMG sends your medical diploma to the medical school for verification, ECFMG will request the medical school to include your final medical school transcript when the school returns the verification of your medical diploma to ECFMG. Your credentials will not be considered complete until ECFMG receives verification of your medical diploma and final medical school transcript directly from the medical school.

This is to notify you that your medical school has provided ECFMG with your final medical school transcript. However, your school did not provide the transcript in English, nor did your school provide an English translation, as requested by ECFMG. According to ECFMG policy, since the transcript provided by your medical school is not in English, ECFMG will have the transcript translated into English by an independent translation service and will charge your ECFMG financial account US $160 for the translation.

In the near future, a $160 charge will appear in your ECFMG financial account for this translation service. We strongly advise you to pay this charge as soon as possible. It is not necessary for you to wait for the charge to appear in your account to make payment. Please note that if the funds in your ECFMG financial account are not sufficient to cover all fees at the time that your exam application or other service request (such as a request for USMLE transcripts) is processed, your application / request will be rejected. Therefore, if you have an application or other request for service currently pending, it may be rejected if you do not make payment for the translation in a timely manner.

To make an advance on-line payment for the $160 translation fee to your ECFMG financial account, you may access your OASIS account. Click on œFinancial Account Summary and follow the instructions for making a payment on-line. ECFMG's on-line payment is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Please note that it takes at least 24 hours for on-line payments to be reflected in your ECFMG financial account. This is the fastest way for you to make a payment to your ECFMG account.

If you do not wish to make payment on line, you may print, complete and submit the Payment for Services Requested (Form 900) by accessing http://www.ecfmg.org/forms/form900.pdf. Please check the box marked œTranslation Fee “ Medical School Transcript ($160).

If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Applicant Information Services at (215) 386.5900 or via email at credentials@ecfmg.org.

That sucks but it appears u provided translation for your final diploma (degree) but not the transcript. Apparently ur school sent the transcript without translation. No biggy just pay and move on and u will recoup in the end.
maybe I should have been more explicit.
My final diploma is page 1, the transcript is pages 2-7.
Where I went to school it cames as a package.
excuse misspelling of comes, should read

maybe I should have been more explicit.
My final diploma is page 1, the transcript is pages 2-7.
Where I went to school it comes as a package.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »