Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i need help please! -
ag

guys
this is the 2 nd time i am doing step 2.i did the kaplan live lectures the first time and still didnt make it.got a 73.
i was wondering what i should do for medicine.
i cant trust kaplan anymore,i think i need to do extra stuff..
so how about NMS medicine?blueprints?currents(CDMT)which topics in CDMT should i do? is NMS+kaplan+blueprints a good combination .is it worth it?.im planning to do loads of mcqs too.
id be geratful for anyones advice here,im really worried cause i only have 3 months and have already flunked it once.
thanks in advance for any help!
ag

Hedi - hedikhalat

You said you did the Kaplan lecture notes.But did you also do the Q book and Q bank ? If so what percentage did you score in the latter(how did it correlate to your actual step 2 score) ?And did you try to pinpoint you weaknesses and areas that needed improvement ?In my experience reading the lecture notes and answering the questions should be done in parrallel to yield results .
I have only studied the Kaplan lecture notes and shall sit for my exam in a couple of days .Hopefully they shall be enough.

Good luck ,Hedi
Anthony - antbrew56

I know exactly how you feel. I failed with a score a little lower than yours back in March. I reluctantly only used my notes from rotations, 1st Aid, Rx for the Boards, and the NMS Question Book. My biggest mistake was not knowing about forums like this one, because I was uninformed about what to expect, and NMS questions in that book where nothing like the exam I took. I did well on step 1 by preparing the exact same way, but step 2 is a totally different type of test. Now I'm using Kaplan lecture notes, Q-bank, and about 5000 more mcq's like it. I just started step 2 secrets which I really like, and I'm currently listening to the lectures on my mp3 player. I'm taking the test again August 5, and I really understand exactly what you are going thru because no one on these forums admits that they have ever failed an exam ever . It seems that every person who has even looked at this site has scored 99 or above, and are just here to help us two out (LOL). Hey ag, Please send me an email to let me know exactly what didn't help you the first time, and what you have decided to use this time after you have asked around. I'll share the same info with you.
amir - amir_abd2002

hi i read your note,pleas be relax bcause anxiety can destroy your cocentration and the most impotrant thing is reading one book perfectly is better than reading a lot book fairly, focous on your weeknesses and remmember that with relaxation you can use your knowledg,whitout it you cant do any thing.good luck
tb

if u know what would be a good set of books please advice..i mean for step 2.....because i hear kaplan isn't enough??????
.so far everyone seems to get 99 but no one helps when i ask...can u?
shahana_palammd

i admit that Kaplan led to failure--twice; but then thsi great course (not Kaplan) git me 91/86!!!
rondel

Sorry to hear that you failed, these exams are very unpredictable sometimes. I think Kap step 2 notes are not sufficient either..in any subject. I would recommend blue prints for peds and ob/gyn. For psych kaplan is good enough. For medicine you can try NMS but I think they are way to much jus like CMDT, and you wont remember everything. Try to focus on important topics...diseases which are more common in U.S. learn them inside and out..as far as the diagnostics and management. I looked at NMS for pathopysiology of different diseases it was good for that. After you are done with everything use boards and wards for review..It is small and straight to the point. Do the questions from NMS and see how you perform on that..if you are in the 70's you should have no problem with passing the test..good luck!!
IMG - none

Contact Kaplan and explain them your situation. They may analyse you in a better way. Just a try.
rahul

hi! i was wondering if CMDT is a book to be read and memmorised in total as it is around 2000 pages and will take atleast a month or more. so can somebody suggest books for medicine and is CSDT required to be read in full?
also blue prints are to be read for each subjects?

can someone let me know?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »