Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very worried/concerned, need assurance - drhabib
hi all,

recently took the cs in chi; overall, I felt i performed ok, but very worried/concerned about 3 mistakes:

1. only able to think of and wrote down one dx for leg pain and 2 dxs for arm and leg weakness; the work/up was complete or almost complete, listed 3 or 4 tests for leg pain, and 4 or 5 tests for arm and leg weakness.

2. in the case of a young black female with chest pain, i wasnt thinking and was off on the differential; i listed one non-cardiac, ie. panic disorder, and the other 4 were cardiac, ie. HOCM, MVP, Aortic stenosis, etc.; 4 possibly wrong differentials and the tests (possibly correct) were for cardiac workup; I wasnt thinking or wasnt sure about the differentials, from the history i took and wrote, so i started listing randomly (at the top of my head); what would be the proper differential dxs? she didnt have a pmh of sickle cell.

3. In one of the other cases, i was given a formal warning by the proctor, for "supposedly" writing after the announcement "time is up"; HOPE THIS DOESNT AFFECT MY PERFORMANCE ON THAT CASE, OR OVERALL!

Im very concerned/worried, and i will be for another 6-8 wks or more...I have applied to residencies and am currently awaiting interviews. I welcome and would really appreciate your honest comments/feedback, esp from those who have taken the exam and have passed, or maybe experienced something similar.
hi drhabib .............you have done well man
these are the usual mistakes that everyboby makes, perfection is not possible in anything and it is true especially in cs xm, and ul find these types of mistakes if u wanted perfection. so enjoy n prep for ur interview man, i m sure that u have done gr8.
thx p177 and nepaliguy; to nepaliguy, when/where did u take your exam? did u pass it? since u replied, im assuming u have; anywayz, thx for the advice, but i kno, i wasnt looking for or asking for 100% perfection, i know thats not possible in this exam, and there will b mistakes, and i did make mistakes here and there, minor, like forgetting things in h/p, but i kno what ya mean man, thx; my real concern was about listing ONLY ONE differential in 2 cases (leg pain and arm/leg weakness), and listing possibly 4 wrong differentials in one case (yung black female with chest pain), and now recall, listing only 3 or 4 diff in the case of hip pain.

also, just wondering/curious, can u tell me, how many case(s) are experimental, and get thrown out? and how many cases are u expected to do well in (of the 12), to be safe or considered a "pass"? i felt i did ok in 7 or possibly/maybe 8 cases. is that good?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »