Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we send E-cards to program staff? Decent e-car - drsbg

I am not sure...When we should send thank you letter ?
Between 5 days after IV to not later than 14 days.
residency is all about timing and often about minutes...you need to apply by 8:15am on sept 1..for thank you ecards, should be sent within 22 hours of the last interview...check the nrmp stats for previous years - successful matched candidates sent ecards within 7.34 hours after their last interview!
@drsbg, he is just messing up with you...never mind

The reason of sending Thank you card is to tell thank you and remind about yourself. So if you will send it too early, when PD still remembers you anyway b/c you just left, then what is the point?

Now about E-cards...Are you sure it is a good idea? Because the only E-cards I know, they require a lot of clicking and redirecting through Internet. It is not like you open up your new msg and here it is-a beautiful card. Maybe I don't know something, plz let me know, but I only know this type of E-cards when you need to click and go to other web in order to read it. I don't think PD has time for that, that is why I personaly don't like them either (even though they are pretty), but I never have time to read them.
It is just my point of view and maybe I don't know enough about them.
@drsbg... I don't whether this idea is good or bad but i know that PD won't take you in or kick you out of her residency program just based upon this ecard!! If PD liked you during the iv he or she will definately remember you!
please do not send an ecard
1. it will show up and likely look like " you have an ecard!" in directors inbox.
2. he will not click it open
3. if they do click it open expecting greetings from colleagues and find some unknown person sending them a e-greeting, they may get annoyed.
4. e-greetings is just a bad idea.
5. dont do it

@mleresidencytips is trying to mislead you here...his nephew is in match as well and he wants to reduce competition for him..

nrmp has published this one repeatedly...candidates who send warm & intimate ecards to the PD within 7.34 hours of their last interview, match at the top 2 places on their ROL.

Statistics also show that almost all prematched candidates sent ecards with 49 minutes of their last interview..when interviewed, most of these candidates carry their laptop with them and rush to a nearby starbucks to send the ecards...

dont be an idiot here -- send your ecard right away....next iv, make sure you look for a closeby starbucks...run and send your ecard within 30minutes...beat the competition...GOOD LUCK
Morning Psychal!
good humor for a holiday morning.
regards,
mleresidencytips
emily sir..

btw, i got prematch and most likely i am accepting it...going to a community program and hoping to get a fellowship good one later on..

how are you ?
Congrats!
Good luck on starting residency. Your hard work paid off.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »