Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT... about St. Vincent Staten Island. - uzmaa
You need to know this:
They're in deep shyt. They've gone bankrupt and are going to close the hospital unless the northshore group buys them. The political forums at the staten island are opposing this since staten island university hospital is already owned by the said group and they dont want a monoply over health care on the island. The situation has become very complex. The day I went to interview there, as soon as I got off the ferry somebody gave me a handout explaining all that, these people were distributing these handouts to everybody as a part of a campaign to restore the financial condition of the institution. I asked one of them if he could briefly tell me more about it. It turned out that this guy was himself an OB/GYN attending at the hospital. He had completed his own residency from this hospital. He said "i love it, i belong there and we're fighting the battle for its survival".
During my interview I asked a faculty member about this. He said "YES IT HAS GONE BANKRUPT, AND IF YOU WANNA KNOW IF THE HOSPITAL WOULD KEEP RUNNING, I DONT KNOW. ONLY THE ADMINISTRATION CAN TELL".
Please dont interpret it as my attempt to discourage other people so that I can get a position there. (some people have sick minds). I already have a couple of prematch offers from places better than NYMC Richmond. But I was saddened to hear the whole situation because its a nice old conventional catholic hospital. Better think twice before you make a decision.
ya the pd told me they r having financial problems.but why r they offering great pays close to 50 k
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »