Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To everyone who is seeking H1 positions - usmleritu
a very 'beginner' Q: would the hospital support our GC if we work with H1 visa during residency?
Hi!

As far as I've heard the only institution that used to do that was Abington, PA., but not anymore. FMG's are dime a dozen nowwadays!
Usually after completing residency........you look for a job/hospital/group practice which will sponsor your H1 visa status and GC after that.Its usually not too difficult.
After residency, do we have to work in 'under service' area to get the GC? Why someone is doing that? Was it because they did residency with J1 and wanted to stay in USA? Please clarify. Thanks
If you're on H1 visa.....you may start getting job offers even before your residency is over!
You can work anywhere in the US which is your choice.

If someone is on J1 visa by right they should leave the US for atleast 2 yrs...........but if you can get a J1 waiver job then you can serve in an underserved area for 3 yrs. instead.J1 waiver jobs are not too easy to get these days and each state has its own quota.....I think 20 J1 waiver jobs/state if I'm not mistaken.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »