Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know that this might be silly... - ghalo
But I need opinion. I got some responses from programs after interviewing there and one of bad things about me is that I over-analyse each letter. One of the PD sent me an e-mail saying the normal stuff but then they wrote one line and I dont know what does it exactly mean. Here is the e-mail:

"Dear Dr......,

I am glad to hear that you are considering our residency program for the upcoming year. Both Dr....... and myself believe that you would be an asset to our program. I believe that you possess many of the characteristics that we value in a resident. I hope that your interview season goes well and most importantly keep us informed on your decision making process. Certainly, I would like to see you join the.............. Residency Program next year."

Now, what does "keep us informed on your decision making process" mean exactly?

is silly ghalo,relax,you re not takin step 1 again you re just reading a letter...
you don t have to "see" what lies underneath taped letter....Smilecome on man get serious...
Its just a standard letter.It doesn't mean anything.
Thats not a standard letter you need to pay attention, these people are offering you perhaps a prematch contract, if you want this program you need to let them know so that you can either sign or move on and keep on looking.
ghalo,

if you like that program and you think you perform very well in interview; based on this letter, you have very good chance for this program. keep in contact with this program.. find out if they offer prematch and if so if you are interested try to show your interest in prematch...

good luck..
if not for prematch, consider ranking them highly.
My husband was in the same situation few years ago( heis in residency now) and I applied a couple weeks ago.
Program likes you, but want you to go on match. They will probably put your name #1 or #2 on the list.
They are not offering you a contract(at least, not yet). But they would like you to call them or e-mail them if you will be offered pre-match in another residency. Then, they will make their final decision. So, get back in contact with residency. Send them a letter, e-mail and inform them that you like program a lot and that you will rank them hig( or #1). See if they will respond again.
Keep the ball rolling.
It is not a standard letter. They like you and they want to know if you will rank them high. They don't want to rank you high and waste that spot if you are not planning on ranking them. If you are interested in the program, write them saying that and more likely they will rank you very high. Don't just ignore the letter!
I can't guarantee you that because I am not the PD, but for me that is what it sounds like.
Good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »