Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any chance?????????? - smith_80
I have to agree with france_s. Im shocked that smith_80 just doesnt get it. Everyone has some obstacle or the other that they have to get over to get into a residency , be it visas, or what goes into their CV's. to complain about a score like that, be shattered, and then whine that they have nothing else going thier way is really sad. Smith has a bad attitude because his problem has nothing to do with his "bad score". Yet he still mentioned it to - get attention? If you are foreign graduate, you need to learn how to communicate your point (and I'm not talking about grammar). Try to understand what is offensive and what is not by the way you put your point across. That is what they are looking for in a resident. Can they work with the rest of the team, are they a hard worker, etc.
Hi smith_80.

I've been reading this website for a year now and throughout this time I've always been a silent participant, until I read your post because it takes someone like you to piss me off and make me break my silence.

But inspite of that, I'd like to apologize if my comments hurt you or were rude to you in any way. I gave it some thought, and maybe you are just a person with very high standards - a perfectionist, and if you really are like that, then you might have your reasons for becoming too overly anxious.

Now that my head is a little cooler, let me advise you on some things.

First, try not to be so grade conscious, even if you think you have given up a lot for the USMLE like your time, the chance to be liscenced in your own country, or even your money because you are not the only one who had given up things to be able to take and pass these exams.

Second, be optimistic. If, in your opinion, your grade in step 1 is not good enough and you are afraid that you will not get into a residency with your score of 90, try to focus on your other strengths. Surely, there must be something in you that is worth being proud of? Let the beautiful things in you shine, focus on the "nicer" things about you, and show these to the progam directors and to the people who read this forum.

Third, if you really want to know if there is something to worry about with your step 1 score (and I know this is all you wanted to hear), I think there is none, and there should be no point in worrying too much, to the point of tying a brick on your neck and jumping off a bridge (i'm trying to be funny, okay? please do not actually do this). With some little personality changes, you will do just fine!

We're cool.

dear france_s 1
thanks for understanding my point.
i agree with france_s.its a pity that u r an indian.iam ashamed of people like u.how can u talk like that on this forum wen here ppl fail even on 2nd and third attempt.they r the ones who ask for ways out to get thru the exam rather than cribbing like u over a score of 90.and let me tell u that there r ppl who r fresh grads with no experience and scores lower than yours who get into good residency.but for u the kind of attitude u have iam sorry to say that u might have difficulty at every step.learn to be thankful to god.and even if u needed advice for yourself on this forum u could have put your words in a more humble way rather than degrading a sore of 90 and demoralising the ones who have yet to begin.
Dear Smith_80, 90 is a good score in any exam, specially USMLE, I do not understand u writing all this, read and let me know, it sounds so UNREAL from ur end: """"90.i am totally shattered and cant believe my eyes.its very disappointing to get such a low score after working so hard.i think i have very small chance left now. can i still get the residency if i get a similar score in step 2? do i have any chance left?"""""
Why r u shattered, what score then is a good score to get residensy???????explain
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »