Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University program or university-affiliated? - peapod
If you were offered prematches to a uni program and an affiliate program, which would you pick?
So many factors: the specialty, location, reputation, faculty quality/approachability, resident-quity/cohesiveness, fellowships, which university, visa offered, etc. Etc.

An uni program is not always better than an uni-affiliated one. For example, in psych, Cambridge alliance is a highly regarded community program affiliated with harvard. I would certainly choose it over the psych program at the university of massachuetts program. So I think it is always so black and white.

Furthermore, you have to take into consideration where you will be happy to work for the next 3 or plus years.
Sorry , I meant to say it is NOT always so black and white.
This is true... there are so many things to consider. Thanks for offering your opinion bellandsebastian. Decisions decisions... sometimes too much of a good thing, isn't always good!
Hi,

I have research positions available in different states and in different (sub)specialties which include cardiology, endocrinology, pulmonary, surgery, sleep medicine, and neurology. The states include PA, NY, IL, MI, MD and TX at this point. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S. You can contact me for details.
If you're looking for a different state or (sub)specialty, I can help too. I just need you to be specific and help me understand what you’re looking for.

If interested, contact me at zabinski2009. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.”

Thank you.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »