Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step three - azeb
Till now I had four IM interviews and two more left. In one of my interviews, they put step three as a prerequisite and in the other they asked me about my plan about it, and answered will take before starting residency. I am totally fade up off this question
BTW I am a GC holder
I am not as such in a mood to take step three in this uncertain time, honestly I would like to know the out come of 2012 matching before taking step three.
I had virtually free time now and In case I made my mind to take step three... I would like to take it in a month time. Please would you share your take here. Thanks in advance

If u write it in a month results will come out in March...by then rank order list would have been loong gone.
Dont rush it or spend sleepless nights over it at this point. Just hope for the best
nrmp2012
10Q
If you are older, you do need it!
cspassnow

What do you mean?
I will tell u what I know, based on my questions to the PDs of 11 pgms I ived at. 2 of the PDs frankly told me that having a decent step 3 pass will push ur ranking a few notches higher even if u are a GC holder [ the pgms btw were J1 pgms].Their reasoning was that it gets rid of one of the hassles the resident has to undergo. The resident can concentrate more on the work at hand than worry abt passing step 3 by PGY2. The rest of the J1 pgms I ived at cared little abt step 3 and they said that step 3 doesn't make an iota of a diff. That said I believe that having step 3 is always an advantage.
hopefulll

Appreciated. That sounds cool
Yeah I think it's too late to take step 3 and have it influence the ROL.

I personally would take it just because I met many residents during hospital tours who told me if I have the time, I should get it out of the way. Almost all IMGs I met wished they could've gotten it out of the way and are stressing about taking it during year 2.
If interested in research positions, contact me at marriet2012. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.

I do have paid positions too, but you need to have had prior experience in lab research. Otherwise, it's unlikely you can get a paid position. Some positions are non-paid initially, but may become paid with time as you gain experience and prove yourself to be productive.

There were some complaints that no reply was sent. Please be patient, and you should be replied in the order your email was received.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »