Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how is interview at st. barnabas? - kokolino
how is interview at st. barnabas? anybody from personal experience?
Hi thr,
I interviewed thr for IM. We were given a questionnaire to fill as soon as we went, and then after that, I was called for interview. The PD was sweet, he just asked the usual stuff abt why Medicine, what r ur future plans, and why our program. He never even once 'marketed' his hospital, and all we spoke was abt my credentials, and if I can move to New york etc. Then there was thisbreakfast, and then tour. The resident was frank and answered all my qs straight forwardly. I think the resident was right about most community hospitals in NY being the same. U have the same patient load, same work, and same amount of teaching.

I felt it was better than the other hospitals that I interviewed in NY city. But then its each persons perception, if u have 10+ interviews, u may not find Barnabas to ur taste. Just go by your requirements like visa status, how many interviews u have got, and can u afford to wait for next match........Good Luck.
thank you guys for your experiences.. i will have an interview there in 2 days, on monday. Thank you for your time, an good luck with your career.
LAst question tough: why everybody is considering this program such a failure?
thank you
buddy, there's no better gauge than experience. given the two seemingly contrasting reviews in the reply thread to u, kindly remedy your predicament by going there and be interviewed. u might find the answer to ur question.
that was a wise reply..thank you restless..and thanks to you guys, too.
nepali,am not discrediting you,but next time you see post like this,find out first which program,cos it could have been peds,Im or other fields and all the PDs are not the same.GL all
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »