Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed...I did it!!! Heard this AM - mohais10
I did it. I really passed with good scores. First time taking exam. I am so happy!

Congrats to everyone else who passed!

Mo
Embarrassed that I didn't mention I studied with Dr. Schwarz of C3NY and practiced for 3 weeks after the workshop with my wife and father-in-law. If you see this Dr. Schwarz, please forgive me for not mentioning you in my first post! Without you, I am sure I would have failed. More later.

Mo
I took the exam Monday, 12/12, my VERY lucky day.

Just quickly, C3NY gave me the knowledge about what the exam was really about and the confidance to take it. My major lesson that I learned was to listen to the patient and let the patient tell you what to ask next. I didn't use any pneumonincs or lists. My suggestion for success: You must practce a lot for good prep.

Don't want to say more as I don't want any one to say I am commercial.

Will post again later.

Mo
hi....congrates..

i too took exam on same date but unfourtunately! could not clear.....

I flunked in ICE any suggestions.....i thought that i asked almost everything! may be too many things....
Hi Anamika2012,

So sorry to hear that you didn't clear the exam. Where did you take it?

Did you use any type of lists? Maybe that was the problem? I learned that if you use lists you get a doctor centered interview, but to be successful you need to listen to the patient and follow their leads. They called that a patient centered interview.

Mo
Hi mohais10, congrats on your passing the exam. In your opinion listing a bunch of thing to be asked first is not good idea, did I understand correctly? Although I don't list mnemonics but I see people using it and that's very helpful.
mohais10

How many days we need to get passed
To III,

Thanks for your congrats!

Yes, do not put together any list of any type. Dr. Schwarz insisted that we listen to the patient and follow their lead. He was right! Yes pneumonics are common but they really don't work. Many use them and get the answers but fail in ICE.

Good luck1

To Match9999,

I think about 2-3 weeks of practice is good.

Good luck to you too,

Mo
To All,

I think time management is very important to success. Also practice your typing. I suggest looking at the USMLE web site and practice there or download it to your computer.

C3NY didn't concentrate a lot on time management or typing the note although we did many notes. C3NY really gave a me a great amount of facts that I never read about or knew about the exam and the support and guidance was great. The group ws smalll and felt like a family not like a course. Enough about that.

Good luck to all. Glad to answer any questions I can to help you out.

I am soooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo

Forgot to say that the proctors were very nice. Make sure you obey their orders. Don't take more time and risk getting written up.

Mo
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »