Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wot shud i answer? - billll
This is an email from one PD:

"Since you graduated from medical school some time ago....What excellent clinical experience have you had 2003--->to present ?"

Since I entered US in 2003, I've never had a clinical experience in US, and this can be verified from my application in ERAS. Wot u think this PD means by 'excellent,' when I've had none? Is this person ridiculing my fate as an IMG barred from getting near the patient by law? Or is he/she genuinely inquisitive? wot u think?
basically he wants to know what did u do from 2003 till todate? do you have any observership? not in big hosp but in some private clinics?
these PDs are sick in their heads billl.just a bogus way to redicule an IMG.there could be a more polite statement like"I would like to know what clinical experience did u gain during your stay in US" or"I am sure U must have had some clinical experience while U were in US and I am interested to know that""blah blah.It is just like 'so u r an old graduate?"!!!!pathetic jerks.
billl, what are your credentials if you donn't mind?
all of them ask this q, what you've done and what you doing now?
thanz sunny. no observership. did some months of research. had to relocate twice once inside midwest then to the east coast. so, haven't been at a place for long during this time. and i doubt if 'observership' wud b considered 'excellent clinical experience' by this PD...
mom: same thoughts. the person can directly ask if i've had any clinical experience. the 'excellent' adjective really pisses me off!

yazen: 90/87/pass/old img/j2/no USCE/some months' research. so u think the way the question was phrased is to be expected?
yes billl, but as i see this is email, no int yet, right!
go head tell what you put in your eras cv and try to say i'm doing observership , volunteer whaever and go find someone gives a rec letter of this if they offer int.
you have very good creds.
thanz yazen. I've got some lor's from clinical departments where i did basic research, and from contacts in places like cleveland clinic & Walter Reed army medical center.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »