Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PD response to my thank you letter - dreamin
Here is PD response to my thank you letter.

Dear ????,

It really was a pleasure to meet you the other day. I was very impressed with your credentials and background and believe that you would fit in well with our program. In speaking with others you met, it was clear that they were also quite favorably impressed and would be glad to work with you in the future.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Is this generic or special one?
Your comment would be appreciated.
I think it is special. What about asking for the prematch if you like the program?
IT can be generic to group of people whom they want to have in their program. Lets assume there are 10 positions available and PD thinks 15 are good fit. You might be a one in 15.

It can be special. PD thinks you must be in his top 10 ranks considering 10 positions.

So you decide.
to your hand. If you are interested and ready to go, call them and they will give you prematch if they offer prematch before.
I didn't get one of those and I don't think I know of anybody else who did either, so it must be special , go ahead call them!
It is a prematch or match gesture.If they give prematch just ask them in a smart way.
Dear Xy eventhough I have many----I am very impresed in your program and would like to accept your early decision if you offer me.
My experience has been that getting these letters doesn't seem to correlate with the relative competitiveness of my candidacy at programs, and that some PD's send them, and some don't. It's definitely a good sign, but I don't know how much weight I would place on it in terms of planning everything else. If you think about it from the other point of view, how many letters have you sent out stating that you liked a program, when in reality you are not necessarily planning on ranking it very high. You're just covering your bases, and so are they. Lot of mind games going on, and no program wants to go unfilled, so why wouldn't they take the five minutes to send you a letter, to hopefully give them a boost on your ranklist, when their intention is still to rank you #160.

So basically, congrats on the letter, but I wouldn't place too much weight on it.
Thank you so much for your comments.
According to your comments, I can understand mind games in this matching business.

Last year, I received personal hand writing card saying,
"Let's work together and see you in July."
I thought it realy mean it and happy. But I didn't match in the end. Very bitter and cold world. I realized that they send to everyone very similar card for improving their match.

I will send email this weekend and see how they really feel about me.
Thank you again and good luck for your interview and match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »