Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
answer this plz - medico_mahesh
can anyone explain me what is pre match and post match.
i am new to this .plz explain
thanks in advance
Mahesh
Prematch is when a program decides to offer you to sign the residency contract without going though and waiting for th eofficial match in March .It does not happen with every program,but some like a lot in NY offre it specially to IMG's who have visa issuesetc etc and th eprogram skno wthat IMG with good scores would come in to their hospital where probably good AMG might not go.Please this i snot th eonly reason,its just a broad way to explain,you can even be offered a prematch at a very good hospital who really likes u and does not want to miss out on th echanceof losing u.
Postmatch is when after the official amtching in marh there are som eprograms which havetheir seat sunfilled and once the NRMP puts out the lis th enext day of match everyone who did not get a position send in applications to unfilled programs,now for 2 days right aftre the match this proces sis called Scramble and after that its post match meaning aftre the match.
I hope i could make some sense.
hello mahesh

u had started a thread with useful websites for step 1... which has been of great help to beginners like me. Thanks a lot for starting it.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »