Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i have a weird question - jervilllange
this was my 2nd attempt at match.. i had sent my med school transcripts and MSPE to ERAS in 2010.. so they were dated 2010..

n after gathering all my courage i am applying again 1 last time next year..

so is it advisable to get more recent documents uploaded?

does that make any difference?
@ Nopes...it doesnt...
update your LOR....the PD told me.

let them know what you are doing during the gap.
Yes. The LORs should be as recent as possible..and should try to highlight your work etc till the day they were written.
same here...
do i need to go to my college and get a new mspe which is recently dated and a new transcript ???

also i have some us lor and i dont think i will get more so is it advisable to use them from the last match !

The transcript and MSPE...I guess the content isnt gonna change.
But sometimes we are all paranoid...if u can get it from your College again with a recent date...so be it...it will only serve to kill paranoia.

But definitely u need to update your LORs.

And Plz jervillange...I saw from another forum that u said at your interviews....u bluntly told interviewers that there is a gap in your CV becos "u are an average student, and needed more time to study for the USMLES". I am not saying u didnt match becos of this(I think u have just been unlucky) but I think u shd probably be more guarded with your words
@ nrmp2012..

i absolutely agree.. that was 1 of the point in my "mistakes i should not make next year" list.

in interviews.. u ONLY TALK about ur strengths.. huge lesson learnt..

btw.. 1 of my letters is from november 2011.. which is a good 1.. i guess i shuld use it..

i'll be doing some observerships 2 get fresher and hopefully better letters..

thanx for ur replies guys
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »