Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thankyou letter - intel
guys I was interviewed by 2 faculty and we were taken on rounds by chief resident and were taken for lunch by a preliminary year resident. Preliminary resident was very nice....as he offered to hold my briefcase while I took lunch and actually held it for me. Also after the lunch he took my tray. I am going to send thankyou letters to 2 faculty. Whom else should I send thankyou letter to. Chief resident and preliminary resident also? Am I supposed to send the same letter to all 4 people but personalise it by writing something personal at bottom of the thankyou note. Also the program coordinator gave an umbrella a sa gift to all applicants so should I thank her to? It was given by pd to us but pc gave it to us.
how do u send thankyou letter? By email, regular mail or both? And how quickly are u all sending the letters? If sending by mail are we supposed to use any special paper as we used when we ask for lor from our faculty or regular printing paper will do?
Excuse me for pointing this out: DO you think by sending thank-you letters really make a difference in your ranking??? People don't get this. Your interviewers pretty much already made their mind about you during the interviews. I already went to about 15 interviews and not really had the desire to write any thank you notes, but I got christimas cards, emails and even phone calls from chairman. The bottom line: IT'S YOU that will make the difference. Do your best to give a positive impression during the interviews. DOn't be afraid to inform them what you are looking for and how you envision yourself ten years from now.
It is my impression that it is a common courtesy to send thank you note. You should at least send it to the programs you are interested in.
Not sending a thank you letter can really hurt you. I would at least send a letter to the person that interviewed you. Since you interacted with a lot of people, I think you should send a letter to everyone that would remember you. E-mail everyone else, but send a hand-written mailed letter to the actual interviewer.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »