Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone else here a PharmD applying to anesthesia? - fawadm79
and i am a Us citizen im not on a visa
the mistake i made was not to do a pharmacy residency and gain some great clinical credentials...instead i went into retail because the money was better
fawad79,

You are an MD. You have done your clinicals in the USA. Thats is your USCE. With or without residency in Pharmacy you should use your experience in pharmacy school and retail business. You are familiar with the health care system, how the clinical judgments are made, you know your drugs well. We use PharmDs in our program everyday during the rounds. They participate in all discussions. I think your degree would be beneficial in your CV. If you dont use it, how are you going to fill that gap anyway? You must use it..

Anesthesiology only? I dont know about the dynamics of anesthesiology residency but having citizenship, USCE, and rich background should give you an advantage.

Good luck.
thanks path.....are u a path resident?

The clinical credits wont make much difference. What matters is your 2 years USCE from a physican role. Hopefully u got strong LORs from there.
at the time of ranking the PharmD can give u an advntage becos an extra qualification is welcomed. Which PD wouldnt love to have a residenct who understands medications.
It is up to u to sell yourself. Everybody has something special going for oneself...so I wouldnt hang on so much to this
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »