Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam with 2 days off in between? - choline
is it safe to book my exam dates with two days off in between?the prometric near me is closed n weekends.
???
u can only take 1 day off in between and it has to be a sunday or a holiday.. otherwise when results come u wont get a score and will be asked to retake.

also heard the exam is a bit tougher or there's higher failure rate for those that take it with one day gap in between. i believe there's a variance of 7% of the exam, meaning some people's exam can be 7% easier to 7% harder.. not sure how they determine that but the extra gap day is the one a bit harder.
by the way, these are only things i have heard over time.. its not official. only official information is on usmle site.
@ladki
what? I have 1 day in between my exam, and so my exam might be 7% harder than the others? where did u get the #7 from?
I also have 2 days in between my 2 exams..Is it going to effect your scores negatively as was commented above?
plz do reply
It is fairly legal and Okay to have two days between your exam. If prometric centre where u want to take the test doesn't open on weekends you can always have your test on Friday and Monday.

Don't listen to looser like ladki. He/she might have failed the step 3 many times and is jealous of you. I know persons who did the test with a two days gap.

Regarding the difficulty of exam after a gap. this is a bull shit from this person.

I speak from personal experience. I had a day off between my test andd the questions on day2 where lot shorter and easier to attempt.

SO go ahead and schedule your test with two days off inbetween. After you are done on first day you can focus on CCS for whole two days !
I'm not jealous nor have I taken the exam yet. These are things I said I heard from others.. and I also said my information is not official so its best to check with USMLE. I don't understand the need to call names or put people down? We are professional adults..
its completely safe totake exam with a day or 2 in between, it does not determine the difficulty of the exam, i hacve taken with a day of break in between recently, there is no mention about such information on the website or from any of the previous takers, good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »