Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USMLE refund Step 1 - darlsfr
Recently I have encountered the same problems countless others have experienced trying to get a refund from ECFMG for USMLE step 1. A close family members medical problems have prevented me from traveling and I can no longer write the examination. After contacting ECFMG my request for a refund was denied. They stated all I could obtain was a credit, after I had sent them personal medical records and notarized statements. I have found this exceedingly unfair and was despondent at this treatment.

An attorney friend advised me that a blanket "no cash refund" policy for services paid for but not provided did not sound legal so I did some research. I discovered that it is in fact illegal to deny consumers a refund on for services paid for but not provided within a reasonable amount of time. I went to the Philadelphia Attorney General's Department of Consumer Affairs Office to complain and they are currently looking into this matter for me.

I would like to urge everyone who has applied for a refund and been denied to go to this email address and send them your complaints. Hopefully we can get the AG's office to amicably settle our claims and have the money that was paid out refunded.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=451

hi
I did applied for refund before and ECFMG just gave me of $240 credit
So,do u think that's would ganna work?

Regards,
ebox1433@yahoo.co.uk
It should work. I'm waiting on ecfmg and the attorney general's office to reply. Will let you know as soon as i have something official
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »