Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats my chance of getting in to IM? - pathos
Hi guys got my score recently and was wondering what my chances are of getting in to IM
STEP 1- 222 on 1st attempt

STEP CK- 216 on 1st attempt

STEP CS- PASS on 1st attempt
USCE- 1 month. 1 LOR from a University based attending physician.

Visa Status- Permanent Resident.

Year of Graduation-August 2010
I am really confused as i have heard people saying its gotten a lot tougher and was hoping if you guys could suggest on ways to make my application more attractive.
and many thanks in advance.
thans
Being a permanent resident and all first attempt are positive points.
Though your score might cause you get filtered out at quite a few programs, I still feel you can give it a shot.
have you applied this year or planning to?

Make sure you apply widely and see the programs that favor GC/USIMGs. You can have better probability there.
first attempt is never a "positive point" in your profile.
it's a red flag if u failed once, but if u passed, then your score is what matters.
i'm sorry to have to tell you that's how it is.

you will definitely need more USCE and a good score on Step 3
For a permanent resident of USA, that score(On 1st attempt) would earn him 5+ Interviews. So first attempt and permanent resident is a still a positive point.
The story would have been totally different if it were an IMG seeking visa sponsorship.

So the word "never" can't be generalized for all candidate/s.
if some one have CS attempt , what about that? chance of being getting IV /match , or how to overcome this error, or which program would match best.
Let's talk about what you can do and can't change what has already been done. I would require you to be in a positive state of mind - above all !! YOU HAVE A LOT OF POSITIVES ON YOUR PROFILE - TRUST ME !!

-Take step 3
-Add USCE - reach out to as many universities/private providers as possible to help you shadow them
-Add research - Email folks/attending if they need your help as a research assistant/associate. Many can give you a job, given they have funding for the same.
I would say low chances due to your YOG and your low ck score, people regularly get high grades on Ck
@jjrodz The post was from 2012, his YOG was 2010.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »