Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 days vacations during residency? - grpmd
My program says it offers 3 weeks ( 15 days) paid vacation. How come 15 days is equal to 3 weeks? Isn't it a bit too less for a year.

can we take unpaid vacation and how much would be allowed for that?
Welcome to America! It's normal amount of vacation for any US job, except teachers who get summers off.

15 days are M-F. Other 6 days will come from weekends during those times off.
@docoo: Very true Smile In fact, it came as a surprise when we were requested our choice of vacations and our schedule was being made. Saturday and Sunday after the vacations are working days...

@grpmd: I don't think what you are saying is correct as 4 weeks of paid vacation is allowed to everyone. And which is always last 2 weeks of elective month...Check again else bad luck dude.
check the acgme rules.
I had a month of vacation divided in 2 sets of 15 days.
Plus 12 paid sick days
Plus some holidays

if you plan to flight far away and you want the weekend after your vacation time, request the program director or the chief, not to be scheduled that weekend, so you gain 2 days more

They did it to me....hopefully you have a good people, i think i was lucky enough, but also, I speak on TIME, before schedules were done, so they can acomodate me......
is that in your offer letter?
dats true...depends on where u r, there are shithole community places where they eat ur dream offs and made u work like horse anyways ...some may even force u to go to work for someone else who is pregnant or has a baby .... also, they can easily favor their own buddies to let them have offs or better vacations and the rest pay the price and u have to shut up and suc it up....or u may fight...donno if u can win such...thre are real shit programs god forbid to end in such . gl
Get in good with your chiefs! My relatives and friends always helped their friends when they were chiefs. They make the schedules.
Become a class representative, if you want perks Wink
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »