Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post scramble - mehba
Post-Match Scramble
This general information about the post-Match Scramble may answer your questions.
Please be aware that the Scramble involves three different organizations:
MyERAS, operated by the Association of American Medical Colleges www.myeras.aamc.org

The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP, or "the Match") www.nrmp.org

ERAS Support Services at ECFMG, your designated Dean's Office www.ecfmg.org/eras
Who may apply?
All applicants who have not matched.
IMGs must have their passing results for all required exams reported to the NRMP in time to participate in the Match (refer to the NRMP website for complete information), but they do not have to be certified prior to the Match in order to participate.
When do I apply?
You may apply as soon as the list of unfilled positions has been posted at www.nrmp.org at 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States, on Tuesday, March 14, 2006. This is also the site where the final Match results will be posted 2 days later.
To which programs can I apply?
You may apply to any program that has an unfilled position.
What if I have applied to a program earlier?
Let them know that they already have your application, and ask them to take another look at it. You cannot re-transmit your application.
How do I gain access to the list of unfilled positions if I did not register with the Match?
You must register with the Match. The Match Agreement prohibits applicants from sharing the NRMP's List of Unfilled Programs with individuals who did not register for the Match.
How do I apply, via fax or ERAS?
Applicants who registered for the NRMP's Main Residency Match are prohibited by the Match Participation Agreement from contacting residency programs about unfilled positions prior to noon on Tuesday of Match Week, when the "Scramble" begins. The Match Agreement also prohibits applicants from sharing the NRMP's List of Unfilled Programs with individuals who did not register for the Match.
Regardless of whether you have registered with the NRMP or not, we strongly urge you not to contact any programs before Tuesday noon. Programs will take note of applicants who violate the Match rules and probably report them to the NRMP. We also urge you not to engage services that, for a fee, purport to help you by flooding the programs with unsolicited applications from multiple applicants, either by e-mail or fax. Instead of being helpful, in most cases they are detrimental to your application.
Therefore, be sure to register with NRMP prior to the rank order list certification deadline date. After having consulted the list of unfilled positions on Tuesday of Match Week, go to MyERAS and apply to some of those programs. Be sure to assign your LoRs and USMLE Transcript to the programs, so that we can transmit them accordingly.
How much will it cost?
You may apply to a maximum of 30 programs during the two-day scramble. There is no charge for applying to programs during the scramble. However, to release your application, you must complete the payment process, even if the amount due is zero.
Any programs to which you apply after 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States, on Thursday, March 16, 2006 will be charged at the regular rate.
For more information, see ERAS 2006 Application Fees on the AAMC ERAS website.
How long will the Scramble last?
Two days, from 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States, Tuesday, March 14, 2006 to 12:00 noon, Eastern Time in the United States, Thursday, March 16, 2006. On Thursday, March 16, 2006, at 1:00 PM, the results of the Match will be announced.
Are there programs that participate in ERAS, but not in the Match?
Yes.
Are there programs that participate in the Match, but not in ERAS?
Yes.
Which programs are they?
We do not have this information.
Do I have to appear for interviews?
We do not know. The program directors will tell you.
Can I make any changes or updates to my application?
You may change any information that the software will allow you to change. You may change the information in MyProfile and you may reassign personal statements and Letters of Recommendation.
What will ERAS Support Services at ECFMG do for me during this period?
Throughout the season we check your files, on a daily basis, for any new information that would require an updated ECFMG Status Report to be transmitted to the programs. That new information could be a USMLE score or issuance of an ECFMG Certificate. Once a new Status Report has been created, based on any of these conditions, it will be transmitted automatically at the end of the day. There is nothing you need to do.
During the two Scramble days, we will login to the ERAS PostOffice several times each day to retrieve your document assignments and program lists. We will process those lists and transmit your documents shortly thereafter.
What is the best strategy?
During the 48 hours of the Scramble, there is no time for manual processing. Your file must be ready for automatic processing by our system before the Scramble begins.
That means:
At least one week before the Scramble, you must apply to at least one program.
If you are planning to apply during the post-Match Scramble only, you must still apply to at least one program about one week before the Scramble.
You must also make sure that all of your documents have been received and assigned, so that we can attach and transmit them before the Scramble.
If you are sending us new or replacement LoRs, we must have them one week prior to the Scramble, so that we have time to attach them. If you have a new, additional LoR, assign it to one of your original programs. This gives us time to attach it before the Scramble. During the Scramble we will not have time to do it.
If you are sending us a replacement LoR from the same writer, attach a note to it that reads, "This replaces the previous LoR." Otherwise, we might mistake it for another copy of the one we have already scanned and discard it without scanning.
After that, your file is ready for the Scramble.

MyERAS
MyProfile
How to fill in MyProfile
Suffix: A suffix would be Jr. (Junior), Sr. (Senior), II (the Second), etc.
Please do not use Ms., Mr., Dr., M.D., Ph.D., M.B.B.S. in this context.
SSN: If you have a U.S. Social Security Number, please enter nine digits, without dashes or hyphens.
Contact E-mail: Please enter only one e-mail address. Any e-mail address field containing more than one @ sign will be considered invalid. As a result, neither we nor the programs will be able to communicate with you.
If your e-mail address changes, you need to notify two separate parties: the programs to which you apply and ECFMG.
To notify your Programs: Make the change in MyProfile, and save the change.
To notify ECFMG: Go to OASIS at www.ecfmg.org and make the change.
Contact Address: May be different from your Permanent Address in your CAF. What is the difference? Your Permanent Address in the CAF cannot be changed after you have submitted your CAF. The Contact Address can be changed at any time through May 30.
Citizenship: Since this is not an ECFMG or ERAS issue, we cannot help you answer this question. You may need to contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If you live in the United States, please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, a bureau of the Department of Homeland Security.
Match Participation: Remember to register for the Match at www.nrmp.org. If you are part of a "Couple's Match," be sure to indicate this.
NBOME: This is for Osteopathic applicants only and does not apply to IMGs.
Alpha Omega Alpha is a medical honor society offered
Thanks very much for posting

Will be very helpful for imgs like me who may not get matched
I am siged up last year with fmgamerica for the scrmable
why is fax needed for scramble ???? Is it if you plan to apply more than 30 programs in scramble ?????? coz its free to apply via ERAS up to 30 programs if you are registered in eras and nrmp, isn't it ???? Please help ...
help any body ??????
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »