Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of my worst days.....................!! - munny
Till today I have been thinking that Iam a Conditional permanent resident,but, I still had some confusion though! But now I know for sure that Iam not! I came here on a marriage based visa called K3 and I dont have a EAD. I had a single interview and the PD liked me and replied back to my thankyou letter . She seeked some clarification about my visa status and wanted to know when I might get my GC. I sent her a scanned copy of the letter the USCIS sent me on the 30th of December stating that They finished processing of my case in US and it is sent to Indian embassy in Chennai for further processing . And I have been told by many experts(so called!!) of visa field that I will get an interview call very soon from chennai and subsequently my Gc.All with in weeks of my interview in India. And I believed it. But today the Pd contacted me and VERY FAIRLY refused to rank me because she feels that I wont get my GC for 6 months after my interview day and as such I dont even know when I will be interviewed!! I am so very dissappointed....................!
I think they get confused with marriage based GC. Also she wants to be on safer side. Sorry to hear about your situation.
munny,
Very sorry to hear what happened. It would be a bad day for anyone. You seem to be a very strong candidate. One interview and you are hooked! I heard some people interviewed more than 15, but remain hopeless because no program expresses interest after interview. I think your future is pretty bright! although not immediately. Best wishes!
Hold on, dont be rash. if you are here on a k-3 visa,you are eligible foe an EAD (employment authorization order)
Go to the USCIS OFFICE near you and apply right now.You will get it before the july start date.
Then call the PD and ask him/her to rank you.
Dont waste time do iit now.
EAD is as good as a green card, no differenc when it comes to employment
you would have applied for ead.well am sure it's still not late to apply.It takes about 3 months for it to be ready but even if it's not ready after 3 months, you can make an appointment and walk into the ins office for a temporary ead which could last for about 6 months .you can keep renewing the temporary card until the original one comes out.
call the pd and tell her that your ead will be out in 3 months(june 1st week).dont just sit down and cry, spring into action and you will never regret it.
Good luck to you.
agree with thunder........... log on to www.uscis.gov and on form links go to I-765.... you can apply online too.... good luck........
Thanks to all of you who responded!!

Ericz,
Thankyou for the compliments! But I wonder whether I fully deserve them. Because I believe I got the interview because my husband is a resident there in the program.You need to read my other messages to understand my background! Don't bother about that ! You dont have to waste your time on me ! And yes!! I do believe that my credentials are good too. Because they do really like me there in the program. anyway !I guess I dont stand any chance of being matched now .Goodluck toyou!

Dear Tom123, Thunder and Raja annaiah,

I guess my position is a little complicated and hard to explain! But I will try! First thing is I have been in a coma so far and didn,t know many things which I ought to have known, .Totally my fault ! Period! And secondly I dont have control over the other things , like this One program which I interviewed ..................... They need a GC and GC alone and dont accept any EAD as it involves rotation in an airforce base hospital and a GC is required for security clearance!Dont ask me '' were you a fool! not to know these things ! before hand"! yes!!I WAS!
Anyway thanks to all of you for the concern!
GOOD LUCK !!TO YOU ALL ! MAY YOU ALL MATCH IN YOUR FAVOURITE PROGRAMMES!!

PS: This is for Raja annaiah!
Ericz gi ko maaf kar do bhayya! O sare bhath, shayadh! jaan bhoojhkar nahi kar rahehonge !LET GO!! HE does n't seem to be evil !Just a mistake and I guess he became a little too critical about you!! THAT"S ALL!! Forget and forgive! HE TOO MUST HAVE HAD A BAD DAY LIKE ME!!
Anyway,, for me you both are two kind hearted nice gentle men!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »