Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help me with this important question - jarjar
friends,

I had only few interviews while i applies to 60+ programs. the chance to get matched this year is slight for me. I wont be surprised if i have to go post-match scramble. below is my situation.

I know it is useless for match to rank those programs that did not give me interviews. the question is, if i rank some of them on Feb 22, and if some of them have unfilled positions, does the action of my ranking them give me any better chance for them to consider me during the post-match scramble. will they know i rank them even if they did not interview with me?

thank you for your input
help, people
don't even bother... if they did not interview you, they will not rank you... i had a number of friends who only had two interviews and they matched.. stay confident...
rasalghul,

i dont expect them to rank me. i just wonder if they will consider me again during the post-match scramble (in case they have unfilled positions). i will call them and they will pull my application documents from their electronic system. after they find i have ranked them, they may give me another chance (i.e., match me in the scramble). is this just my day dream?

thanks
I do not know, but it is logic - if they do not offered you an interview before, means you are not interesting candidate for these programs /the same is valid for me also, do not take personal/, so it is not going to work to apply for them during the scramble. This is my opinion only.
programs will not know where you rank them... that is something a lot of people do not realize.. unless you tell a program that you are ranking them highly, they have no clue where you are ranking them.. so even if you rank a program that did not interview you, it doesn't matter b/c they do not even know that you exist... in case you do not match, you have to go into the scramble (like linamina61 said)...
thank you all,

don't they know i ranked them? one program told me that they only accept applications that they have interviewed and not got matched. if they dont have a record that who ranked them and who got unmatched, how can they know an applicant is not matched?

so, this wont help for the scramble?

thanks
the applicant would contact that program that has an unfilled position and tell the program that they haven't matched... either way, programs do not know where you rank them unless you tell them (which is technically illegal)... bottom line is if you have not interviewed at a program, there is no point ranking them b/c it will not help for the scramble...
jarjar,
as far as my understanding goes... you dont get to see all the program that have ranked you, neither the programs get to know if you have ranked them or not or at what place. all you know with the match is.... only your ranked programmed has ranked you or not. i dont think people who rank 10 progrms get to see at what place those 10 programs has ranked them... they see only one program where they got matched.. which could be the 10th one on their rank list... and in that case even if you rank an uninterviewed program.... they might not be able to see that..................... but
as i was reading your post, i got an idea... just read it and let me know your opinion...
I got quite a few emails from programs saying that they liked my application but unfortunatly not able to give me an interview now... please contact us post-match as to any unfilled positions.
How about we sending a letter to the program saying... inspite of not getting an interview i am still very much interested in your program, and would appreciate if you can consider to review my application, in case you have unfilled postions after match...and, if you want to add that i am ranking your program.......... what do you think..... anyways we have limited no. of programs to rank... so no money loss... and there is no harm that they can do... if not good.... just a try..................//////////////////
you might want to go-through with the list of unmatched programs last year before doing this....

sneha,

thank you for your understanding. i spent lots of money to apply to some of those programs. I did not get interviews due to various reasons. i am thinking whether they can re-consider me during the post-match scramble in case they have unfilled position. at least they know i was interested in them long time ago. i am also worried about if i can call them through during that busy 2 day duration.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »