Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me plz - junaid
Hi everyone,
I am from india.I am just dun with step1 and 2..i needed help with a list of documents we wud need for our match from the medical school,so that I cud take them b4 I left for usa in april. Anyone who can help me with how to go abt step wise ,in relation to the lors to be gotten(from whom,how many,do they have to be on the dept letter head? Etc etc),how do we write theses letters,personal statements .il be very obliged..waiting for ur help..thanx in advance..
hi junaid,

ALL THE BEST FOR THE UPCOMING BATTLE....

well, let me come to the point..

documents needed:

1. dean's letter ( it can be considered as ROL from dean ; narrating you have done your school there from so and so period to so and so period, you are outstanding, etc. It should be on College's/Dean's letter head... with official seal of dean as well as college at the end)

2. Medical school transcript ( which you might have already submitted as copy to be varified by ECFMG from your school while you applied for USMLEs.)

3. MBBS/MD certificate.... (same varification as I mentioned in 2)

4. LORs..... it depends which speciality you wanna go for.... e.g. Internal Medicine? then you will require to submit atleast 3 LORs from IM faculties.... it would be better if it is written by faculty underwhom you have done your rotation or residency.... should be addressed to either " Dear Program Director" or "To whom it may concern"... there are two ways.... either you format LOR and get it signed by the faculty or you convince them to write LOR for you... either way, outcome will be same....( you can search online for sample LOR and modify according to your need/details)

5. certificate from student section narrating your are bond-free candidate....it will not require here but it will be difficult for you to go back to india and deal with this bond-related issues later in future if arise..

6. personal statement is a individualized matter... there is no fix formate for it... you can get many samples online..

7. last but not the least to bring with you....... ENTHUSIASM, DETERMINATION AND HARD WORKING ATTITUDE.........

GOOD LUCK...
heyyy thanxxx a ton man...this really helped...
you are always welcome.......

JAI HIND..........
jaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii hindddddddddddd
good luck and let me know if I can help you anyhow in future...
Be sure to mention papers, presentations projects that you have done during or after your med school. They care a lot.

Keep research papers with you, it will help.......

Set your future goal - where you see you after 10 years.......? Mention it in PS or somewhere........

Jai Hind
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »